Student Summer Internship Application
2024 Application open November 2
Please apply by February 2nd 2024 for full consideration! If you are having trouble submitting the application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility Heading link
Students participating in the summer internship must be:
- Currently enrolled* at a 4-year institution or a 2-year college and majoring (or planning to major) in Biology (preferably Ecology & Evolution).
- Able to participate for the entire 8-week duration, June 10th to August 3rd. This is a full-time internship.
- U.S Citizen/ Permanent resident/ Eligible to work in the U.S
*Students currently enrolled as seniors and graduating before the June 2023 internship start date will not be eligible.
Internship Incentives Heading link
Students chosen to participate in our Summer Internship will receive the following:
- A $5,000 stipend (pre-tax)
- Paid for on-campus housing
- First-hand research experience in ecological monitoring, data analysis and conservation science
Required Documents Heading link
Students wishing to be considered should submit the following documents:
- Personal Statement – This well-thought-out statement should be no more than 2 pages (double-spaced) and preferably contain; 1) reasons why you feel this program would benefit you. 2) What drives your interest in Biology. 3) How does your cultural background influence your identity as a science student? 4) Where you would like your science education to lead.
- College Transcripts (Official/Unofficial)
- Two letters of recommendation, including at least one from a teacher or professor. Please ask that letters be sent to email@example.com
- Completed online application